1 oz Silver - 7 Wonders of the Ancient World (Colossus of Rhodes) With Tin Box
Product DetailsThe 7 Wonders of the Ancient world are among the most famous landmarks in human history. The APMEXclusive series will highlight each Wonder with a limited mintage release of Gold and Silver rounds, each displaying a landmark, effigy, and denomination.
The Colossus of Rhodes was a massive 33-Meter statue of the sun god Helios. It was erected on the Greek island of Rhodes shortly after their victory in the Siege of Rhodes, where they successfully defended the island from the Macedonian leader Demetrius Poliorecetes. King Ptolemy I of Egypt, a close ally of the city, assisted greatly in the victory. His effigy is displayed on the reverse along with a denomination accurate to the era.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver
- APMEXclusive® series
- Limited mintage of 7,777 Rounds
- Rounds come in capsules. Multiples of 20 are packaged in a heat-sealed roll.
- Features edge mark with weight and purity, unique for a bullion round
- Obverse: Features the Colossus of Rhodes towering over the famed trade city.
- Reverse: Displays an effigy of Ptolemy I, a close ally to the city who helped in the defeat of Macedonian leader Demetrius Poliocetes in the Siege of Rhodes. The round carries a denomination of 1 DRACHMA.
- Grade Service:None
- Mint Mark:N/A - Not Available
- Metal Content:1 troy oz
- Diameter:39 mm