1964-P/D Kennedy Half Dollar BU
- Approximately 72.3 oz of 90% Silver.
- Each heavy duty canvas bag contains 200 coins.
- Obverse: Gilroy Roberts' image of John F. Kennedy with the date below.
- Reverse: The Great Seal of the United States with the face value below and "United States of America" above.
- These Brilliant Uncirculated coins are dated 1964 only.
- Mixed 'P' Philadelphia and 'D' Denver mintmarks.
The mint produced Kennedy half dollars at three different mints: Philadelphia (no mint mark or P), Denver (D) and San Francisco (S).The mint mark is located on the reverse of the 1964 coin located on the left-hand side just below the eagle's claw.
The United States Mint first produced the Kennedy half dollars in 1964 a few months after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in Dallas, Texas. The nation was in mourning after the assassination of this popular president. Congress moved quickly to pass a law (Public Law 88-256) to eliminate the Franklin half dollar design and create a coin to commemorate President John F. Kennedy. Gilroy Roberts created the portrait of Kennedy on the obverse and Frank Gasparro sculpted the heraldic eagle on the reverse based upon the Great Seal of the United States.
- Year: 1964
- Grade: Uncirculated
- Mint Mark:Varies
- Metal Content: 90%
- Diameter:30.6 mm
- Weight: 12.5 Grams
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
We follow United Kingdom guidelines taken direct from. Gov website
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we're here to help.
Please read full conditions on our home page.
United Kingdom - First class signed for 1-250 Grams Approx. 6 ounces £2.75
United Kingdom - Insured next day 250 Grams - 1000 Grams Approx. 30 ounces £6.99
United Kingdom - Insured next day 1kg – 2kg £9.99
Spend £350 to qualify for Free Postage.