2020 1 oz Silver $1 Sioux Indian War Chief BU
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver, struck in a beautiful Reverse Proof quality.
- Each coin comes in an individual capsule.
- Obverse: A beautiful portrait of a Sioux Warrior on horseback is shown. He is ready for combat, while carrying his spear and war shield with great intensity. The war horse features striking detail with several war paint symbols which Native Americans painted to record their bravery in battle. The hand print brings great meaning and shows a vow of vengeance against an enemy. The circle around the eye was known to enhance the senses and spot danger while at war. The straight horizontal lines across the nasal bridge were coup marks, or count of war honors proving the overthrowing of a settlement.
- Reverse: Depicts a 19th Century Indian war shield. On the shield are two buffalo colliding in combat as well as a tepee and banner with the name of the tribe. The 8 Tepees represent the districts of the Oglala Sioux reservation.
- These are non-circulating, legally authorized coins by a federally recognized sovereign nation, but are not legal tender.
- Royalties from the sale of these coins assist Native American charities and raises tribal awareness.
- Mint Mark:N/A - Not Available
- Metal Content:1 troy oz
- Thickness:2.8 mm
- Diameter:38.7 mm