Shrek 20th Anniversary
Originally based on a children's picture book of the same name, the rights to Shrek were purchased by Stephen Spielberg and made into the Dreamworks film that we all know and love today. Shrek was originally voiced by Chris Farley, but later reworked with Mike Meyers after Farley passed away in the middle of the project. Mike Meyers brought his signature humor and Scottish accent to the role and made the character who he is today. Shrek undermines every expectation of the selfless knight in shining armor who sets forth to rescue the damsel in distress. When a local tyrant, Lord Farquad (played by John Lithgow), begins rounding up fairytale creatures and dumping them at Shrek's swamp, the titular anti-hero angrily sets out only to have them removed. Conscious of being judged for what he is, Shrek turns out to be a more nuanced character and endears himself to the audience as the misunderstood underdog.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Worldwide mintage of only 20,000 coins!
- Housed in TEP-RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish .
- Obverse: Features the coat of arms of Niue along with the denomination and year of issue.
- Reverse: Features the officially licensed Shrek logo along with Shrek with his arm around his pal Donkey while smiling and giving a thumbs up.
- Issued by the sovereign government of Niue.